“Patricia brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her practice as a Geriatric Care Manager. She is a strong advocate for her clients and communicates well with family and other "team" members. Patricia's primary focus is providing the best care for her clients and ultimately ensures they have the best quality of life possible.”
The services we provide include:
- Conducting assessments and creating plans of care to identify problems and to provide solutions.
- Screening, arranging, and monitoring in-home help or other services, including assistance in hiring a qualified caregiver for home care.
- Providing eldercare assistance for those engaged in local or long distance caregiving.
- Providing help with the older adult's chronic needs, such as reviewing legal or medical issues and offering referrals to the appropriate geriatric specialists.
- Providing crisis intervention and mediation services. We act as a liaison to families at a distance, overseeing care, and quickly alerting families to problems. This is especially important when families are engaged in long distance caregiving for a loved one.
- Assisting with moving an older person to an appropriate retirement complex, assisted care home, or nursing home –as needed.
- Providing education and advocacy, as well as eldercare counseling and support.
- Providing referral to resources with whom we've had good experience: dental care; physical therapy; home safety; transportation; Geriatrician consultations; etc.
- Providing a means for socialization, whether it is in the home, meeting friends, or by going to a Senior Center or an Adult Day Care facility.
- Most importantly, we become the medical/patient advocate in times of sickness, whether it is at the doctor's office or the Emergency Room of a hospital.
Special Needs Services
Our qualified Care Managers are also available to assist adults with Special Needs such as:
- Developmental Disabilities (Asperger's Syndrome; Autism; Down's Syndrome; etc.)
- Mental Health Problems
- Physical Disabilities
Just as with an elder, our Care Managers can conduct a comprehensive assessment, using the results to help a family or Trustee plan and provide for current and future Special Needs support.